Friday, February 4, 2011

Night of Firsts

New Year's came around and me and my girlfriends were trying to decide how we were going to ring in 2011. Vegas...no to get into any good club you have to be ready to drop $100 and I don't want to spend that much. Mill Avenue here in AZ...no I don't want to get thrown up on by a random stranger. Ummm night of firsts? Yes, a night of firsts that is what we will do. We all came up with a few things that we have never done and would try to cross them off our list by the end of the night. Here are a few from my list that I came up with: Speak with a foreign accent all during dinner Buy a scratch ticket and a powerball ticket Trade money with a foreigner ie: give 1 dollar for 1 euro We ended up eating at Culinary Dropout, which none of have been to before this night. The food and atmosphere was a lot of fun. After dinner we weren't sure what to do first, so we ended up at a psychic. She told me that I am going to marry a Jew and will end up living in California. It was so funny to hear what she said to each of us. Then I went to a gas station and bought a powerball ticket and a scratch card. I ended up making my money back by winning $2 on my scratch card. I didn't end up finding anyone to trade money with, so that will have to stay on my list of firsts. The highlight of the night was a first and definitely last. We had our countdown at a single adult dance for 30+'s. When I say + I mean that there is no age limit. There were really old old people there dancing to new music. It was amazing and definitely a first and a last for me!

No comments: