Thursday, April 17, 2008

OLd sChOOl boArD GAmeS!

I was talking to my mom about how we needed to play Cities and Knights (expansion of Settlers of Catan) since we haven't played it too much lately. I know I know I love and am obsessed with this game, but hey I know I am not the only one! Then I started to reminisce about all the fun board games that I used to play back in the day. Here are just a few that I thought of and remembered how dearly I loved them!

Mall Madness! I loved this game and could play it forever. I blame this game for helping in making me the obsessed shopper that I am now and for how hard it is for me to pass on an item that is on sale or clearance. Attention all shoppers there is a sale at the bookstore...Attention all shoppers tere is a sale at the bookstore.

I didn't have this game but Carolyn Baird (Wixom now) did and we would play this game a lot. It was always scary when you got close to one of the fireballs hoping that it wouldn't get rolled and burn you to death. Hmmm maybe there is a reason that this game is no longer being sold.

Last but most definitely not last Girl Talk! This was a favorite especially at good old slumber parties!

There is one other game but I can't remember the name of it. There was a phone that you would dial the number of a boy that was on the cards. When you would call they would give you clues to figure out who has a crush on you. If you remember this game and can think of the name please tell me. Also if you have any other favorite old board games please do share!

16 comments:

KaSeY said...

O my! We used to play Girl Talk for hours!!! My friends and I even made a video of ourselves selling the Girl Talk game! So funny!!! I love to think back on things like this :-)

Wonders said...

I'm pretty sure I remember playing ALL of those games with you for like, HOURS! I also remember singing along to 2Pac and Koolio. Remember when we wanted to go to his concert? HAHA. That's funny. Anyway, I think the name of the phone game was DREAM PHONE. I'm pretty sure. We played that one a lot too. Also, remember playing boyfriends? That game we made up about having imaginary boyfriends? Except they weren't so imaginary because they were usually boys that we liked at the time? Oh YAH. Good times! I MISS YOU!

Wonders said...

Oh yeah, one more thing. After we got married, for Christmas Eric got me the new edition of Mall Madness! The traditions continue!

Kendra said...

WOW, you brought back some major memories! I also loved those games, thanks for the fun memories!

Marek said...

You totally have to get Seafarers and its expansion pack...if you don't already have it, that is. It's fun, too. Believe me, you wanna build on gold!

And I'll have to double check with Seth, but I want to say he said the Cities and Knights expansion isn't that great...or it may be another one. I can't really remember. But I'll find out.

Shaylee said...

Oh man! What a classic post! Those are the most hilarious games. I'm pretty sure I didn't have mall madness but that we always played it at your house, upon my request, because I loved it so much!

Camille {Sugar Baby Boutique} said...

hahah i love it alisa. this is so funny, we need to go to target and get mall madness...

Camille {Sugar Baby Boutique} said...

I take that back we need to find all of these games on ebay. i just looked up dream phone and it brought back so many memories...i think i always wanted jamal to have a crush on me.

Melinda said...

Just wanted to let you know that we missed all of you at the shower! I got Nichole langerie too but I wish you could have been there to laugh with me! The one you gave her was cute! Tell your mom, Camille and Jennica thanks too. We were sad Jennica was sick and couldn't make it:( Excited to see you all in May!

Casey and Nichole said...

Did you pick out that pretty peice of string I got?! Haha! I love it, it's soo cute THANK YOU! I can't wait to see you guys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I just remember playing Monopoly with my brother. I was the banker and sadly, he STILL won!!

vijayfam said...

Aren't you proud of my blog!!! LOL, not really it's pretty lame so far but I am working on it... I might need my sister's help. Give me a few days and it will hopefully look a lil better and have some current pics.

Anonymous said...

We're here!!! It would be great to meet up somewhere and go have lunch or something. Let me know, k?

The Bates said...

Oh yes! Those games are awesome..we should get together and play some of them! We really do need to get together again. It was really good so finally see you and we need to do it more often!

Alyson Turley said...

Alexis and I will be eternally jealous of you for having mall madness.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by a google search I did, and I know you wrote this ages ago but the last game you mentioned was called Dream Phone. I still have mine and it still works. I think I owned all these games you listed and still have most of them lol.