Saturday, August 2, 2008

SuMMeR!!!

I have been pretty busy this summer. My family went up to Utah for a little over two weeks. It was fun just being up there and spending time with all of my family. While we were up there we took Devin to the MTC. That wasn't that fun, but I know that he is loving being out in Portland, OR. Jennica was able to come out to Utah from Seattle while we were there which was so fun since I haven't seen her forever. I also went with her to her ultrasound so I got to see my little nephew and hear his heartbeat. That has to be the coolest thing ever. My mom's side of her family had there family reunion while we were there so we got to see everyone and catch up. They set up this big slip n slide and I have to admit that I felt a little gipped about it since all I got was a water fight when I was little with water balloons. It was boys against girls and for some reason us girls would always end up trapped in the nasty bathroom. Man did we suck at strategy. I did do a lot with my family while we were there. We ate a lot, saw a bunch of movies, bowled, hiked, played games, and just hung out. All in all it was a great relaxing vacation to get away from the Arizona heat. Here are some pictures from my trip.

Apparently Jennica and Devin loved this dessert at Tucano's and I loved taking pictures of them loving it because I had 8 pictures of them with the dessert.

The syblings that really love Devin prior to him going to the MTC. Just kidding Camille and Katelyn...kind of

Devin showing off his nametag

Alexa, Breanna, and Shania bein gangsta' at the bowling alley

Ben, Grandpa, and Braden. Grandpa trying to show the youngsters how to bowl

The Smartt Squad at Leatherbee's

The slip n slide at the Turley Reunion

Jessica, Katelyn, Mikaela, and Auntie Lynette doing there ugly opera faces after their fierce competition. Auntie Lynette is still the winner

Playing Mormon Bridge that we all became obsessed with. Thanks Melinda!!!

3 comments:

Jennica and Mitch said...

I love your new background! I'm so sad I couldn't stay longer in UT! I love the ugly opera faces! :) Tell Camille she needs to freakin update her blog already!

Anonymous said...

Devin at the MTC?!? Okay, now I'm starting to feel kinda old! And, how do you play Mormon Bridge...sounds fun!

Melinda said...

You are so funny! I love the new post you make me laugh! And I'm glad I could get you addicted to a new game!! Now only if you lived closer:( Oh well next time we can play for sure!!