Monday, August 18, 2008

OLymPicS!!!

This is the DOPEST Olympic commercial on the air! If you haven't seen this commercial then you are missing out and I highly encourage you to watch this. Seriously, every time I watch it I get goosebumps. Marvin Gaye singing The Star Bangled Banner is classic and so smooth. U-S-A!!! Any huge fan of the olympic coverage and Michael Phelps should stop reading now. Don't be mad if you are still reading because you were forewarned! I am amazed at Michael Phelps and that he was able to accomplish his goal of eight gold medals. I'm not hatin' on him for that, but more irritated with the media and there complete obsession with him. Weren't there three other swimmers on each of the relay teams that helped to make his eight gold medal dream a reality? What about Dana Torres and winning a silver medal at the age of 41? What about Nastia Luikin and Shawn Johnson winning the gold and silver medal in gymnastics all around? The first time the USA has ever done that. I understand that Phelps just made olympic history, however aren't there a lot of other athletes that have worked hard and waited a long time to accomplish there goals in representing our country and trying to bring a medal home. Now there stories are being pushed to the back pages and out of the spotlight. What ever happened to a fair and balanced media...oh I forgot we haven't had that for a long time.

5 comments:

Camille {Sugar Baby Boutique} said...

Hey remember when you called me foolio? haha i do. I totally agree with you about this michael phelps stuff. He's awesome no doubt about it... but so are all the other olympians. ps i really like that commercial it coolio...apparently both those and dope are back! :)

Todd & Rakel Gardner said...

I totally agree. My favorite part of this media stuff is when the reporter asks a swimmer who just won his race, about michael phelps, he doesn't even ask him about any of his accomplishments. Does that make sense. hey glad you posted. GO TEAM!

UrgentCookie said...

I agree, Alisa, the whole Phelps thing is soooooo old and I want to hear about all of the other wonderful stuff going on!

Christopher Family said...

So i dont mean to be a blog stocker but it seams that i have turned into one ha ha. But i found your blog through shaylee's and i just love reading it i think that you are just hilarious as ever!
Raechel (hatch) Christopher

RoseAnna said...

I love your blog. It's so fun to catch up and see what you're up to. By the way...you're beautiful!!